This company has a four day working week policy at full pay (Fridays off)
Our client is a fast-moving, fast-thinking, and vibrant London-based events company. They have grown from an ambitious start-up to a Worldwide leader in creating both innovative and ground-breaking events and are considered thought leaders in the luxury travel industry, making a real impact by defining specific travel genres and building passionate communities around them.
As the Studio Manager, you will be responsible for the successful management of resources and planning of workflow for our graphic design studio. You will provide crucial support and be a point of call to funnel information between the business and the studio, ensuring work is distributed fairly, and that projects are delivered efficiently, on time, and in budget.
• Collating annual project requirements per event and liaising with the senior creative team
lead to map out resource for the year, flag any resource gaps, and backfill where
• Proactive with setting and communicating deadlines between teams to ensure delivery.
• Managing a project from briefing to completion – taking briefs, consolidating business
needs, managing outputs, and ensuring deadlines are met and timelines and progress are
communicated, whilst staying within budget and of the highest quality.
• Creating and implementing workflow and project management processes to make for a
smooth, efficient project lifecycle.
• Reviewing resource schedules and booking freelancers if required.
• Keeping everyone up to date on a project’s status – stakeholders, clients, and the team.
• Assessment and debrief management – celebrating the wins and booing the losses, but
discussing solutions to improve for next time.
• Ensure that Asana (current project management tool) is used accurately and any potential
issues are highlighted and that there is accurate tracking of projects.
The Ideal Candidate
• Experience in using Asana software is ideal….but if you know a better one, let’s hear it!
• Experience in putting together complex project timelines, live tracking, and
communicating consequences of changes to a variety of relevant parties, along with the
ability to put contingency planning in place and mitigate risk.
• Proactive, always looking to streamline production, make efficiencies, and avoid duplication;
not afraid to put a case together for better and more focused workflows.
• Able to balance the creative goals with the principle of efficient and well-planned
• Experience of working within design or creative agencies.
• Excellent communicator, positive but realistic with the ability to judge the appropriate way
to communicate problems according to the audience.
• Calm under pressure and skilled in managing peak periods in the lead-up to events.
• Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to communicate clearly and concisely.