We’re MATTA, and we believe sport, fitness, and well-being matter. We believe they improve people’s lives, and make the world a better place.
We’re an award-winning, independent creative agency specifically for sports, fitness, and well-being brands. We’re one of the fastest growing sports businesses in the country, and in 2020 we were ‘Agency of the Year’ three times over.
We build strategies, design brands, hatch big ideas, create advertising campaigns, produce content, and we have a design, video, and edit studio in-house. We’re based in London, but the majority of the work we do is global.
We are growing rapidly and our Creative team is looking for a talented, highly motivated Junior Art Director to work with us in producing original, creative and polished campaigns and content for our client brands.
Highly creative and bursting with ideas, you are a Junior Art Director with some experience of working as part of a Creative team. You are still developing, but you’re open to learning and honing new skills as you evolve into a phenomenal and passionate Art Director. You are able to bring your visions to life using great design skills alongside mood boards, and you have the passion to push and be pushed to create outstanding work each and every time.
Essential strengths and experience:
- A love of design and creating mood boards;
- Good understanding of typography;
- A keen eye for photography;
- A passion for campaigns and branding, and for art direction;
- Genuine eagerness to explore fresh ways to be creative;
- Strong collaborative and team working skills – you understand the necessity of working effectively with other teams in the agency, especially the design, strategy and production teams;
- A constant watch on fresh new trends, campaigns and visual styles within sport and advertising;
- The ability to create and mould an overall art direction for various types of campaigns, and to communicate these ideas both visually and verbally;
- Confidence using Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) as well as Keynote;
- An understanding of the campaign process – from ideation, to communicating the art direction with a presentation deck, to putting the blocks in place for campaign design and delivery;
- A portfolio that demonstrates creativity and a desire to experiment and innovate;
- A great work ethic and a can-do attitude; and
- The ability to thrive while working in a fast paced, high energy environment with daily deadlines.
- We take pride in all we do – doing what we say we will, when we say we will do it to the highest possible standard.
- We work together – fostering great teamwork and a shared sense of achievement, treating others as we would want to be treated.
- We are brave – never settling for good enough, we are innovative and always push for more.
- We have drive – because we know you get out what you put in, and want to be your best.
- We stay true – because we have a deep well of personal and professional integrity and instinctively know the right thing to do.
Whatever we do, we #makeitmatta.
More about MATTA:
Our clients are some of the most recognised and prestigious global brands in sport and health and include ESPN, F1, UEFA, ATP Tour, England Football, Wattbike, Manchester United, England Cricket, World Athletics, Club Wembley, Movember, and World Rugby.
We’ve launched fitness equipment, kits, and nutrition brands. We’ve created new competitions, leagues, and tournaments – as well as rebranding, revitalising and repositioning existing ones. We’ve sold out multiple World Cups and European Championships, pushed women’s sports forward, driven participation, and led campaigns for equality and against discrimination and drugs. We’ve worked up close and personal with some of the most iconic sports stars and sports teams on the planet, shooting campaigns all over the world.
At MATTA you can expect a fast-paced, but relaxed atmosphere, and everyone is passionate about sport, fitness or well-being in some way. And we believe happy and healthy people produce the best work – which is why you’ll get a gym membership, private health insurance, regular team away days – and plenty of holiday. In addition to your annual leave you get a further three ‘MATTA Days’ to spend playing sport, getting fit, and focusing on your well-being.
We believe sport, fitness and wellbeing has the power to change the world. Come and work somewhere where, whatever you do – it matters.
How to Apply:
Get in touch:
If you think that MATTA could be the place where you grow professionally, and produce your best work, then we really want to meet you. Please get in touch via the link below (including a link to your portfolio) and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
NB We have a flexible working policy, which means that you can choose when to work from home and when to come to our lovely office in Southwark.
We are unable to provide visa sponsorship.
Sorry – no agencies thank you.