We are seeking first-class web designers to work directly with book authors to build the site that’s just right for them. You will need to understand your clients’ needs and be able to create high-converting, aesthetic websites.
Some of the perks of being a web designer on Reedsy are receiving project requests by clients, setting your own rates, managing your workload, working where and when you want, and enjoying Reedsy’s payment protection.
Here are some of the tasks you might work on:
- Develop new websites or update existing ones.
- Create appealing design and branding.
- Acquire domains and set up website hosting.
- Improve SEO of the website.
- Create lead magnets, such as newsletter signup forms.
- Build contact forms and integrate social media sharing options.
- Enable your clients to maintain their website (or do periodic maintenance).
- 3+ years of web design experience.
- Strong portfolio with great and active websites.
- A keen eye for design.
- Experience using at least one of these CMS platforms: WordPress, Shopify, Wix, Squarespace, ExpressionEngine, Ghost, Joomla.
Previous experience in the publishing industry will be positively valued.
Who we are
Reedsy is a community of over 1,000,000 authors and freelance publishing professionals who create high-quality and beautiful books. We help authors find and work with the best experts in the industry: from editors to designers, marketers and translators.