Vovi is a creative agency in London with a simple mission: ‘Help brands that do good, look good.’ We help good businesses and augment their positive impact through branding, website design & dev and content creation. We are totally sector agnostic – and so have clients across sustainable fashion, decarbonisation technology, sustainable venture capital, Web3, and blue farming, to name but a few. We are looking for a Senior Digital Design to join us in our mission to become the top creative agency in the world, whilst sticking to our core values along the way.
You’ll be working with an incredibly passionate team of in-house digital designers, videographers, animators, developers, account managers, and strategists in our studio space near Notting Hill on the canal – we’re moving to a larger space in a more central location, near Tottenham Court Road, in Feb 2023.
We work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment that yields incredible results for our clients and for personal growth. We all look out for each other, no two days are the same, and we all have high ambitions for the work we deliver because we match creatives with projects they are passionate about where we can.
Joining the Vovi team as a Senior Digital Designer, you will play a crucial role at the design helm of one of 2 internal team ‘pods,’ (pod = a dedicated mini-team of 4 designing award-winning websites and eye-catching brands). We are looking for a highly creative and forward-thinking senior designer capable of delivering innovative online experiences from client discovery to developer briefing. You’ll work alongside our Lead Project Manager and Creative Director and collaborate with your ‘pod’ members, including strategists/ copywriters, junior designer , and developer.
What you need
- 4+ years of experience in a creative agency
- Ability to lead and work with cross-functional teams leading junior designers and collaborating with developers
- Deep understanding of design approaches, including mobile-first and responsive design
- Expert knowledge of Figma and effective design system creation
- An extensive portfolio of digital projects and products you’ve worked on – link required!
- Confidence in generating ideas & concepts that combine creative and strategic considerations
- Strong organisational skills, ability to work without micro-management
- Located in London to work in-house with the Vovi team or have the legal right to work in the EU/UK due to the necessity for team interaction.
- Experience animating your UI in Figma, Principle, or AE (or equivalent)
- Understanding of HTML, CSS, and JS
What you’ll do
- Work with Creative Director to lead the design in a ‘pod’ in designing websites as a primary focus
- Help provide holistic support to the Vovi design pod you’ll help lead
- Create responsive wireframes, high-fidelity designs, systems, and prototypes in Figma.
- Help characterise eye-catching UI interactions with After Effects or Principle
- Co-lead user experience workshops with clients, defining their problems and mapping user journeys
- Join internal & external brainstorming and collaborative workshops
- Pitch ideas concisely to the team and to clients
- Occasionally brainstorm and design for our social media campaigns and branding projects
Who you are
- You want to learn in an ambitious creative environment
- You want to have purpose to your work beyond client profit
- You want to win design awards for every project
- You want to collaborate on the perfect design process, optimising and improving the best way we can work.
- You have a passion for UX, UI, technology, and innovation.
- You believe growth comes from frequent thoughtful, constructive criticism
Benefits & perks
At Vovi, we believe in doing everything we can that helps our tem show up as the best version of themselves. To help you get there and keep you on top, we offer the following:
- £55,000 – £65,000, depending on experience, with discretional annual bonuses tied to performance.
- Fantastic options scheme available.
- Unlimited holiday policy.Mental health support, fully covered gym membership, weekly team sport activities.
- Hybrid working with 1-2 days WFH each week.
- Excellent equipment (we’ll keep you flying high on the latest and greatest Apple has to offer)
- Sustainability-conscious pension scheme with NEST
- Personalised development: learn and grow with us. We will work with you through monthly personal development catch-up sessions to chart your path at Vovi. You’ll also have free access to Skillshare and Awwwards academies, to name a few.
If you feel this position is suited to your and feel you could make a difference at Vovi, please send through your CV and a link to your portfolio.
We look forward to speaking with you!