JBi is an award-winning London digital agency. We are a vibrant and energetic team who prides ourself on providing outstanding experiences and delivering creative, robust and innovative digital solutions.
The Creative Digital Designer position is a hands-on, multi-faceted role that aims to cover all aspects of design from ideation to execution.
This role sits within the Design Team and reports directly to the Design Lead. The Creative Designer is expected to work closely with other designers, UX experts, project managers and web developers to provide the agency’s creative output. This role is required working efficiently in a team as well as being able to handle your own personal workflow.
- Lead on all stages of the creative design process from concept to the final handover to the Development team. Deliverables include research, concepts, prototypes, visual designs and supporting design documentation (e.g. style guides, FRS).
- Develop strong visual designs and work with either existing brand guidelines or create compelling brand concepts and guidelines for a wide range of clients.
- Producing creative proposals that clearly communicate the creative direction of your work to a wider team of stakeholders and clients during pitches.
- Deliver all projects to the highest standards of quality as set by JBi.
- Work collaboratively with the wider design team, project management, and technical teams, thereby ensuring our client’s visions are brought to life in the most exciting and innovative way.
- Have consideration for accessibility standards, user-centred approach, and Government Design Principles.
- Proactively contribute to how our JBi’s visual language comes together as we scale, helping us ensure that every part of our brand represents the very best of JBi Digital.
- Contribute to our design community and practices
- Sharing knowledge and insights with other members of the design team
- You’re a strong conceptual thinker and have the imagination and skill set to push our creative work to the next level
- Fully immersed in the world of design
- Excellent attention to detail with a mastery of design, typography, image creation and animation
- Extensive experience working on creative briefs and the ability to adapt your style and approach to delivering on the needs of a project
- Full of creative energy, able to bring ideas to life with the resilience to constructively work with feedback
- You are self-motivated and driven; able to act on your own initiative
- You can give clear direction and actionable feedback, which empowers your team and collaborators to deliver outstanding work
- Have the ability to work to tight deadlines and make sensible decisions under pressure taking a balanced view of project demands in tandem with the agreed project scope
- Broad knowledge of creative software, tools and techniques
- You show an active interest in the latest tooling, best practices and design techniques, and how they can support the evolution of the design team
- An excellent communicator
- Confident, passionate, positive and talented
- 3+ years of professional experience in a similar role – bonus if it includes a background in a digital agency environment, public sector or pharmaceutical
- Fluency in Figma
- Fluency in Adobe Suite
- Previous experience working to brief clients and brands
- Knowledge of 3D software – E.g Blender, Cinema4D, 3DSMax
Nature of Role
- Hybrid working (3 days in office, 2 days remote)
- Family-friendly and flexible hours, and the ability to work remotely.
- A competitive salary depending on skills and experience
- 30 days annual leave as standard (including bank holidays). 1 extra day of annual leave for every year of service (uncapped)
- Pension contributions
- Medicare health package
- Benefits on a Gym membership
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Technology purchase Scheme
- Discounts on shops and cinemas
- Budget for training and conferences to help you develop
- A welcoming and supportive work environment surrounded by a diverse team of creative and talented people