Yellowball are a London-based award-winning digital marketing agency. We’re experts in web design, SEO, PPC and design, partnering with clients of every shape and size across the UK and internationally. With passion, creativity and razor-sharp commercial focus wired into everything we do, we’re trusted by organisations everywhere to deliver real impact and results.
We’re looking for a talented designer to join our fast-growing boutique agency team to work on a broad and exciting range of projects, clients and briefs across web, print and digital for clients across the UK.
What are we looking for?
As a junior designer at Yellowball, your role will be varied and exciting, working across a
wide range of projects. With hands-on support from the agency’s founding team and our talented senior designers, you’ll work across all areas of design from stunning websites, landing pages, branding, digital brand assets, decks and everything in between.
- Working as part of the design team, supporting the senior designers on a variety of exciting briefs and projects.
- Managing multiple projects and communicating progress accurately to your team and clients – we use best-in-class technology such as Asana and Slack to make this as
easy as possible and automate as much as we can.
- Working on mostly smaller website projects but also some print-based projects occasionally including branding, magazines, retargeting advert assets, proposals and client
- Keeping in tune with the latest design trends, changing technologies and evolving market demands.
- Working closely with clients on projects from the briefing stage up until completion and sign-off.
- Working on our own Yellowball marketing assets and activities – we have an extensive backlog of exciting and high-impact projects to complete. You’ll work closely with the
agency’s leadership and founding team on collateral and campaigns to boost Yellowball’s growth, client retention and revenue.
- Be responsible for mapping out your week alongside our project management team via Asana.
- Managing client deadlines and schedules for design projects, with support from our senior designers and project managers.
What are we looking for?
- A proven ability to produce consistently exceptional creative digital and print work which is on-brief and achieved within the time allocations agreed upon. We obsess over
- A deep understanding and working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud – specifically Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and XD.
- A university degree or formal design training is excellent but not a strict requirement – we care far more about the quality, depth and variety of your portfolio and your
approach, passion, experiences and skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal English with an ability to write concise and on-brand copy in client emails and other important brand interactions. You don’t need to be a
copywriter, but we expect our clients to experience clear, concise and friendly brand interactions with Yellowball at every touchpoint.
- Confident managing clients and other stakeholders – we’re proud of our consistent five-star client reviews and you’ll play a role in continuing this high level of client service
- An ability to adapt to a range of different clients and industries.
- A commitment to being client-obsessed in everything you do.
- A talent for generating exceptional creative work, on-brief and within the time allocations agreed.
- Excellent organisation skills and an ability to manage deadlines, your workload and the expectations of clients, colleagues and suppliers.
- A love and genuine interest in digital marketing.
- Highly commercially focused – we love working with people who get excited and enthused about all elements of how a company works.
- Self-motivated, driven, and engaging.
Package and benefits:
We believe in creating a happy, exciting working culture.
- Competitive salary, based on experience.
- 25 days flexible holiday p/a + bank holidays.
- Generous 7.5% employer pension contribution (Yellowball pays 100% of your salary, then 7.5% extra into your pension).
- Dedicated office 1 minute from the Northern Line with Borough Market on our doorstep.
- Flexible work from home – as long as you can join us in London for at least 1 day a week, we are highly flexible about how and where you do your best work and we default
to trust and transparency.
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done.
How to apply and interview process:
We are looking to hire for this role as soon as possible, with interviews likely to take place early to mid-January. Guide salary: £25,000 depending on experience.
The selection process comprises a short initial video call with one of the founders, followed by an interview and a short take-home design task.
If you’re unsure about applying or have any questions, please ask us! We look forward to hearing from you!