Farrindgon, London (hybrid)
We are looking for a graphic designer to join our small and friendly team on an initial three-month contract.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
You will be working closely with our core team, as well as our external partners, to produce client-facing assets. The assets required will vary from client to client but will include the development of brand strategies and visual identities, brand guidelines, ad campaigns, photo shoots as well as proposals, contracts and presentations.
The ideal candidate will have minimum two years’ experience in a similar role, either an agency or in-house environment. They will have worked with brands in at least one of the following sectors: lifestyle, hospitality, property, wellness, design, travel, architecture and fashion. Applications should include a portfolio of concepts/ previous work.
Our work is as diverse as our client base, so adaptability and an ability to work to deadlines is key. Our work encompasses print and digital media including: brand strategy, websites, newsletters, books, brand positioning, naming and graphic visual identities. And our clients’ requirements range from brand development, editorial and production strategies, through to advising on communications strategies with our PR partners.
As the graphic designer, an interest and prior experience of working on brand strategy and content development from creation through to implementation is essential, as is English as a primary language.
– Skilled in Adobe Creative Cloud suite (knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat essential)
– Skilled in Microsoft Office (Microsoft 365, Word, Excel, SharePoint)
– Excellent written and spoken English
– BA Hons (or similar) in a relevant discipline, e.g. graphic design
– Proven design experience in a graphics and/or branding role
– A keen eye for detail; you will be required to proofread client-facing assets
– Liaising with and managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders across a range of departments (including our external design and PR partners, etc.)
– Able to clearly communicate ideas
– A self-starter who has the confidence to use initiative whilst working under pressure
– Strong attention to detail, with the ability to prioritise workload
– Ability to work both within a team and independently
– Working knowledge of operating a CMS (Squarespace)
– Working knowledge of G Suite applications (in particular Docs, Sheets and Drive)
– Working knowledge of email campaign activation (MailChimp)
– An awareness of current trends in the luxury lifestyle sector
We are an independent creative and strategic brand agency, with clients in the following sectors: lifestyle, hospitality, property, design, travel, architecture, and fashion. Just as editors are curators of their brands, we help our clients to curate theirs – we work by building bespoke teams of partners for each client. We combine market intelligence, strategic thinking, and industry knowledge with an ‘editorial’ approach to enhancing the user experience in our development of brand strategies, positioning, and identities.
TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT:
The contract run will for a minimum of three months, to begin as soon as possible.
– Hybrid working (currently 1 day a week from home, and four days a week in our Farringdon office)
– First-hand opportunities to learn and develop professionally from our CEO, a leading figure in the luxury lifestyle industry
To be considered for the role, please send your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of play on Friday 9th September 2022 (early application is advised).
Successful candidates will be shortlisted and invited for a virtual interview.
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.