At DeepMind, we value diversity of experience, knowledge, backgrounds and perspectives and harness these qualities to create extraordinary impact. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, maternity or related condition (including breastfeeding) or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.
We are looking for a highly creative Visual Designer to join our in-house design team, part of our ambitious Creative and Marketing family. You will work under the supervision of a Creative Director creating impactful designs that draw on the values of DeepMind’s mission across digital and print!
This is an opportunity to join a passionate, fast paced, craft driven team of visual storytellers working on the cutting edge of visual design for AI.
At DeepMind, we’ve built a unique culture and work environment where long-term ambitious research can flourish. Our special interdisciplinary team combines the best techniques from deep learning, reinforcement learning and systems neuroscience to build general-purpose learning algorithms. We have already made a number of high profile breakthroughs towards building artificial general intelligence, and we have all the ingredients in place to make further significant progress over the coming years.
Working closely with our Creative Director you will:
- Deliver high-quality, diverse visual design work for a range of internal stakeholders, effectively managing projects’ priorities to deliver to deadlines.
- Support the Creative Director in providing end-to-end in-house design solutions.
- Apply our brand guidelines consistently across a broad range of collateral.
- Provide feedback and support to DeepMind staff who are commissioning external design work, including checking briefs and providing sign off on content for quality and adherence to brand guidelines.
- Work closely and collaborate with diverse teams (Editorial, Marketing, Research, Applied, Events)
- You are a passionate, experienced Visual Designer with a portfolio showcasing design for a wide range of touch points and situations.
- You have experience in working on broad, open briefs, iterating rapidly and coming up with smart, beautiful solutions to problems.
- You’re highly collaborative and self motivated with solid graphic design foundations.
- You have a passion for design thinking, typography, design systems, colour theory and composition. No opportunity is too small for you to find creative and innovative ways to solve problems and communicate the answers.
- You produce quality work at pace. You thrive under pressure and relish the challenge of producing outstanding work that consistently exceeds expectations.
- You’re comfortable delivering across a broad range of touchpoints from digital to print.
- You seek out opportunities to follow your curiosity and step out of your comfort zone.
- You’ll be confident working with and internalising design systems, and with your keen eye for detail you apply brand guidelines consistently across a range of collateral.
- At heart you’re a creative problem solver who is intellectually curious. You’re intrigued by AI and keen to explore ways in which it can inform and inspire your work.
- Degree (or equivalent) in Graphic Design, Visual Communication, Interaction Design or similar.
- Proven track record as a Visual Designer in a digital or integrated environment
- Expert in the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Some experience working with Figma.
- Strong practical understanding of UX and interaction design.
- Good working knowledge of printing processes and production including collaborating with suppliers.
- Comfortable delivering across print and digital.
- Exceptional communication skills with project managers, designers and developers.
- Experience presenting designs to stakeholders.
- Relish working at a fast pace, delivering often and iterating rapidly.
- High attention to detail and ability to work within established deadlines.
- Highly motivated, able to work unsupervised, problem solve proactively and effectively, multitask and prioritise workload.
- Experience within After Effects.
- Familiarity with Cinema 4D.
- Experience with Webflow.
- Familiar with Asana or similar work management platforms.
- Basic understanding of Agile methodologies, such as Scrum / Kanban.
Competitive salaries apply