We are a design studio based in London.
The Design Laboratory is a cross disciplinary design studio with a difference. A boutique studio working with global corporations, independent founder brands and innovative start ups, we take pride in connecting leaders of industry with the most radical design thinking around. Our team is a talented group of graphic, digital, luxury and product designers whose creations challenge the norm. We partner with visionary leaders to create brands, products, services and experiences that engage people and deliver results. Our team is multi-disciplinary and cross-disciplinary and as such we encourage everyone to provide input to every stage of our projects.
What you will do
– Collaborate with our team of multidisciplinary designers to produce outstanding brand strategy, concepts and design.
– Contribute to building innovation and pushing creative development within the culture of The Design Laboratory.
– Work with and report directly to the creative director across all design projects.
– Support the creative director in facilitating client workshops.
– Inspire, support and guide less experienced team members through projects, creative briefs and client feedback.
– Keep up to date with current design thinking and trends
– Work flexibly and in an agile manner, ensuring our design methods and thinking can be applied across all projects while allowing deadlines to be met.
– Take responsibility for your projects including running client presentations and feedback sessions.
Who you are.
– You have excellent visual design skills.
– You are experienced in brand strategy and brand guardianship.
– You will thrive in an environment where you are exposed to innovative ideas, new philosophies and an eclectic client base.
– You want to step out of the box and challenge yourself and are driven by curiosity and an open mind.
– You will have a flexible aesthetic style and enjoy being challenged by your team and your clients.
– You will have at least 5 years studio or agency experience under your belt, and already know what it takes to be part of a collaborative and – high performing team that delivers exceptional and articulate work.
– You will be looking for your next career opportunity and are in it for the long run, wanting to grow your role and responsibilities within the studio.
– Are fluent in English and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The Technical bit.
To join our team you will require the following:
– An undergraduate degree in graphic or communication design.
– 5 + years experience in a design agency or studio environment.
– Fluency in Adobe Suite (Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), After Effects & XD.
– Have a working knowledge of Figma.
– A working knowledge of Webflow is a bonus.
– Experience of artworking print ready files is a bonus
– Experience designing within the startup or tech world would also be a bonus.
The role is full time, 9am – 5pm and will be based at our London Studio. The Design Laboratory studio is part of the creative community at Tileyard London in Kings Cross and we operate a hybrid working model (4 days in studio, 1 from home), typically with a work from home day on Fridays. If you are interested in joining our team, please send your CV, portfolio (or portfolio link) and a cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line ‘A Curious Mind’ and your full name.