The Mothership is on a mission to buy or build hundreds of loveable and more sustainable brands. The key objective of this role is to create meaningful and valuable brands around the companies we acquire.
What we offer
- Opportunity to make an impact from day one: You’ll be joining the team at an early stage with huge growth ambitions, so we are looking for future leaders only.
Be at the forefront of an exciting industry: We’re at the epicentre of a once-in-a-lifetime business opportunity that is seeing billions of funding. The Mothership is a well-funded company (recently raised $22million) buying and building loveable and more sustainable brands – high-quality products you can be proud of.
- Unparalleled hands-on learning: Alongside our directors, you’ll go straight into a multidisciplinary eCommerce environment with end-to-end involvement in product, customer journey, marketing, and creative, underpinned by data-driven feedback loops.
- Flexible working conditions: We are a distributed team by design assessed by our results, not the hours sat in the office. You’ll have the option to work remotely, in our Old Street, London office with gym and member’s club membership, or our Barcelona office with gym and pool included (or a mix!).
- Inclusivity and wellbeing support: Great work comes from people that are highly motivated and engaged, not from people overworked and overstretched.
- Be part of something bigger: 20%+ of our equity is going to a foundation to promote sustainability and social mobility.
- Hi Thrive in a vibrant and diverse team: One of our core values is “Embrace the Adventure” – and we certainly do! From Great Gatsby Christmas parties, to Barcelona company offsites, we know how important it is to get to know our colleagues.
- Create stronger and more engaging brands through a wide variety of digital marketing channels, brand identity design, web design, print, video and packaging projects.
- Collaborate across departments to generate ideas, visualise those concepts and rationalise that thinking.
- Work closely with our Creative Director to plan, manage and deliver clear, concise and compelling creative solutions for all our brands.
- Help build a portfolio of cross-sector eCommerce products with sustainability at their heart.
- Learn, contribute and innovate alongside a team of data, marketing, tech and brand specialists.
The following role-specific competencies are required:
- Ideally, at least 2 years of experience working as a Graphic Designer at a brand or creative agency.
- Digital-first thinker. Understanding of ongoing digital and social media trends, customer digital behaviours, and the wider digital marketing marketplace.
- Experience generating concepts and ideas for social media or other forms of digital marketing.
- Confident team player able to support each brand’s creative vision as well as contribute new and interesting ideas.
- Have an impeccable eye for design, composition and typography.
- High proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and a working knowledge of Figma.
- Intellectual curiosity. Constantly working with brand managers to understand what’s working, what’s not, and what can be improved.
Company-wide competencies required:
- Take big bets. Happy to take calculated risks, overcome the fear of failure and look at big bets as a chance to discover and explore.
- Eager to learn. Always open to new ways of thinking, seeks feedback and sees being challenged as a chance to grow.
- Data and customer-driven. Make intentional decisions fuelled by customer insights and reliable qualitative and quantitative data.
- Take ownership. Strive to always support the team and the wider company sometimes beyond your own tasks.
- Conscientiousness. Desire to execute the role thoroughly and to a high standard.
- Enthusiasm. Energised by the part you play in our journey, with a hunger to connect and contribute.
- Positivity. Sees challenges as stepping stones and mistakes as lessons.
- Forward-thinker. Interest in environmental issues and sustainability.
You’ll answer some questions and submit a link to your portfolio that will help us determine if this is the right role for you. After the job closes, your answers will go through our sift process: all answers will be anonymised, randomised and then reviewed by a panel of reviewers.
If you are shortlisted, we’ll invite you to the next step, which includes a series of interviews and a work sample assessment. Also, we love giving feedback, so at the end of the application process, we’ll let you know how well you performed.
We are an equal opportunities employer
We are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.