We are currently looking for a talented and passionate full-time Junior Graphic Designer to work within our design team.
Barker Langham is a leading cultural consultancy, specialising in the visioning, strategic planning and development of pioneering and sustainable cultural heritage projects across the globe. We have offices in London, Berlin, Dubai, Shanghai, Vancouver and New York – and our team and projects are based around the world.
Our expertise extends across the cultural sector including museums, exhibitions, visitor centres and landscapes. We work with museum and cultural organisations, governments, corporates and charities around the world and have successfully delivered over 250 projects. We are expert advisors and mentors for the UK Heritage Fund, The International Council of Museums (ICOM), the European Union, the Museums Association and UNESCO – and our portfolio is truly international, with projects in the UK, Europe, North America, the Middle East, Africa and Asia.
The Junior Graphic Designer plays a key role, working as part of a diverse graphics team as well as alongside the wider Barker Langham team. The role requires an excellent visual communicator and team player to assist in the creation and design of reports, tenders and presentations – as well as assisting the Senior Graphic Designers and Design Manager on larger scale design projects for clients. You will be happy working across multiple projects to meet strict deadlines, whilst maintaining a keen eye for detail.
- Use InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat and other appropriate mediums to produce creative and innovative graphic designs
Work closely with the Senior Graphic Designers as well as the wider team members on projects of various sizes and scales
- Design and assist the development of documents and presentations using templates and style sheets
- Make sure the design production adheres to brand guidelines
- Assist in the preparation of bids and marketing materials
- Prepare artworks for professional print, applying printer specifications
- Follow the sign-off procedure at each stage of production
- Maintain accurate files and records
- Manage personal workflow and schedule
- Participate in project team meetings and be comfortable presenting ideas and designs
- Flexible in work hours when necessary
Required Skills and Experience
- 1-2 years professional experience as a graphic designer, ideally in a similar role
- A graphic design degree
- An excellent, diverse portfolio of work including layouts/editorials
- Excellent skills across Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Skills in Microsoft package and Google suite
- Demonstrated ability in the creation of infographics, and strong experience working on
- InDesign templates following brand guidelines
- Attention to detail, strong aesthetic, knowledge of typography and layout principles
- A creative problem solver
- Ability to produce print ready artworks
- Understanding of the various digital and conventional printing processes
- Flexible, collaborative, and resourceful hands-on approach
- Ability to work swiftly across diverse projects
Strong organisational, communication, and multi-tasking skills
- Meeting demanding timescales, whilst maintaining the highest standards
- A passion for Graphic Design
- Knowledge or interest in the heritage and culture sector, experience working for exhibitions or museums would be beneficial
- Aware of latest design trends, practices and movements
- Fluent in Arabic
- Based in Dubai, Qatar or KSA
- Flexibility to accommodate a Sunday through to
- Thursday working week (as and when required)
- Confident in laying out Arabic text
Application process – If you are interested in joining our exciting team, please submit your CV and portfolio to email@example.com by 12th May 2022.