If you want to deliver world-class visual communications, and can bring messages to life in a compelling, persuasive way, we have a gem of an opportunity for you…
Introducing Addleshaw Goddard
Addleshaw Goddard is a premium, international business law firm. Our lawyers help many of the world’s best known brands – including over 40 FTSE100 companies – to defend their rights, protect their interests and to make the most of business opportunities. We operate from 16 offices in Europe, Asia and the Middle East, and focus heavily on industry sectors such as energy, retail & consumer, transport and financial services. In the last few years we were named Litigation Law Firm of the Year, Real Estate Law Firm of the Year and Private Equity Firm of the Year in the UK; were named Law Firm of the Year in Oman; have opened new offices in Ireland, Germany and France; and were repeatedly recognised by the FT as one of the top ten most innovative firms in Europe. We are committed to inclusivity and sustainability, and have a modern and approachable culture. Our core values include delivering MORE IMAGINATION and MORE IMPACT to our client relationships and projects.
This role sits within the Marketing and Business Development team, whose focus in on helping our expert Partners and other lawyers to win business and deliver an excellent client service. We are ambitious to demonstrate the firm’s premium quality, positive impact and imaginative approach, and so are investing in our marketing activities. That has brought with it new opportunities for brilliant marketing and design talent.
This full time position is ideal for an enthusiastic, clear visual communicator and designer, with the personal gravitas to help lawyers, marketers and business development teams inside a global B2B firm to deliver their message in an effective way.
Simply, this role is about creating un-ignorable, unforgettable, persuasive marketing communications. Specifically, you will be responsible for converting the firm’s sales and marketing messages into high-impact designs that will help our firm get noticed, and to help convince our audiences that we’re the right firm for them. You will work alongside Business Development & Marketing professionals and our senior lawyers to produce effective digital and print materials, social media graphics, infographics and other sales materials. The role will be hands-on, producing designed materials on a daily basis. We are seeking creative outputs that comply at all times to the firm’s brand guideline.
The role can be based in Manchester or Leeds. We currently have a split WFH/office culture in place
What will the role involve?
- Create and deliver high-impact sales pitches, presentations, campaign materials, advertising, digital assets and other sales materials on a hands-on basis. If able to, create simple animations for social media. Some projects will be time-pressured.
- Advise lawyers, marketers and sales professionals on the best, most effective way to deliver our messages via a range of graphic design techniques, such as infographics, typography and the like. This will require information design nous, design consultancy skills and personal influence.
- Ensure design projects assigned to you are delivered on time, on budget and per the brief.
- Ensure all design materials adhere to our brand guidelines. You will be a brand guardian for the firm.
- Present new ideas on how to differentiate or improve the impact and effectiveness of the firm’s marketing and sales communications, online and in print
- Work closely with our design and digital workflow supervisors to ensure we are responding to the firm’s design requests in a timely, efficient way.
- Work closely with our in-house workflow co-ordinator to prioritise and deliver design requests
- Handle design project ‘escalations’ effectively.
What experience will you need for this role?
- Must have been working in graphic design on commercial projects for a minimum of 2 years, including some experience of working within a professional business / office-based environment.
- You must have experience in working on both digital and print projects, and must have a track record of working within corporate brand guidelines.
- Must be able to convert (or craft) messages into effective visual communications, and be a creative problem solver. You will be able to demonstrate a flair for bringing complex information to life visually, using infographics and other techniques.
- Must have excellent, hands-on experience of Adobe Creative Suite (particularly InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator) and Microsoft Word and PowerPoint. (We are a PC-based environment.) Appreciation of website design, best practice in social media advertising, AfterEffects or other video and audio editing platforms would be beneficial.
- Our primary house graphic style is based upon illustrations. Strong illustration skills would be highly advantageous.
- You must have the personal gravitas to guide and persuade colleagues on the best, most effective way to communicate visually
- An excellent client service attitude and clear personal communications are a must, and you will have the ability to adapt your style to different, senior individuals, with different working styles.
- Must be highly organised, have eagle-like attention to detail, plus excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to work flexibly in response to business needs and requirements and on occasions being prepared to work late, at short notice. You must comfortable working in a fast-paced environment that requires high quality results, often in tight deadlines
- You must be able to manage your own workload with minimal supervision, having an ability to manage multiple projects from concept through to completion.
- Also, we think we’re friendly, approach people, and we want to work with friendly, approachable people.
- We’re looking for a fellow, team-player.
It is important to us that we provide a positive working experience to everyone who works here and our focus on financial, lifestyle and wellbeing benefits ensures that this experience goes beyond the nine-to-five. As an employee at AG you will benefit from a flexible and agile culture. As part of this mission, some of the benefits employees of AG can expect are;
- Life Assurance & Income Protection
- Competitive employer matched pension contribution rate
- Health and wellbeing subsidiary, up to £180 per year
- One day per year to volunteer (as part of our CSR initiative)
- Buy/Sell holidays (up to 5 days each year)
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives such as The Mindful Business Charter, Mental Health Champions and 1:1 sessions with an in-house professional
- Talent referral bonus incentives
- AG Excellence awards for the recognition of exceptional effort
- Opt in private medical and private dental insurance
- Opt in annual health screening
- Voluntary critical illness cover
- Annual discretionary bonus plan
AG is an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of a person’s gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristic. We are committed to having a diverse team and actively encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and communities, particularly those from underrepresented demographics. We want our recruitment practices to be as inclusive as possible, so please let us know if you need us to make any reasonable adjustments during the application or interview process to help you perform to your best.