We’re looking for a creative and enthusiastic Designer to join our thriving marketing team made up of marketing specialists, e-commerce experts, videographers and more.
- Produce from start to finish the graphic design and artworking elements for a wide variety of marketing materials, which includes packaging, uniforms, vehicle signage, in-store POS, store design and digital elements such as website, social media, and digital screen displays.
- Supporting the Head of Creative in the development and execution of a wide range of marketing materials needed for stores and online for key seasonal moments throughout the year.
- Mentor Junior members of the creative team
- Act as a brand guardian to protect the Lola’s Cupcakes identity and ensure the Lola’s personality is present in all design work.
- Collaborate with the creative team of marketers, videographers, designers, and freelancers to deliver fun and engaging campaigns.
- Liaising with external stakeholders such as print agencies and store design agencies to manage creative in physical store locations.
- Build strong relationships with teams within the business to develop creative ideas
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years design experience ideally in-house or on agency side
- BA degree or above
- An excellent portfolio of work highlighting your graphic and digital experience and flexibility across different media of design.
- Exceptional knowledge of printing production processes
- Strong knowledge of print and packaging design, typography, image retouching, and illustration
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Indesign, Photoshop)
- Good Knowledge of Figma is desirable but not essential
- Ability to generate a reliable supply of original ideas and visual concepts
- Proactive attitude towards projects and can multitask and prioritise.
- Flexible approach and willingness to adapt your ideas to the needs of the brand
- A general understanding of how colour, texture, and placement can elevate the food and translate brand values
Benefits of working for Lola’s:
- Great opportunities for career progression
- Hybrid working (minimum 3 days in the office)
- 50% product discount
- Birthday cake on your special day
- Refer a friend and receive £150 bonus after 3 months
- First day at Nursery (for your child)/’Me day’ giving you a day off at this special time of year for you.
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay after working in the company for 3 years.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free cupcake for every day you work
- Birthday off
- Training & development program (you can apply for up to £1000 grant toward a program/course/training of your choice)
- Coffee Van last Friday of the month at the bakery.
Who we are:
Starting things the old-fashioned way, Lola’s Cupcakes was born back in 2006, when two friends, Victoria Jossel and Romy Lewis, turned baking into a business. With orders pouring in, the pair opened our first concessions in Selfridges, Topshop, and a flagship store in Mayfair.
While Victoria and Romy moved onto new projects, Lola’s has continued to grow, yet holds onto its original ethos of using only the finest ingredients and baking fresh, every single day. As a friendly, family-run company, we make sure to look after all our team and offer great opportunities to learn new skills and progress within the company, through a structured training program. Internal progression is evident everywhere across the company, indeed virtually all management started in junior positions. You can read some of the perks for working at Lola’s below.
Find out more about Lola’s with the following links:
Our previous employee reviews on Glassdoor https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Overview/Working-at-Lola-s-Cupcakes-EI_IE713659.11,26.htm
Our customer review’s on Trustpilot – (over 37,000 reviews ) https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/lolascupcakes.co.uk
Our Youtube channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDjVMMF5CjW4iQbAa4RBm5Q
If you think you have the skills and wish to work in a good company, please send a full CV and portfolio and please highlight in your application any experiences which you believe would make you the perfect addition to the Lola’s family!
Thank you & we look forward to welcoming you to our bakery soon.